So it is officially February and that means you have had close to a month to work on those resolutions. How are they working out for you? Are you staying on track? Did you give up already? Don't fret, here are 5 tips to help you stay on track so you achieve success.
1. Be Patient! - Success will not come overnight. As much as we tend to be very impatient in the process, you must trust that it works and change will be made. Consistency is the key! Keep at the routine and know that change will be achieved. "Believe in yourself, trust the process, change forever." -Bob Harper
2. Evaluate and re-adjust - Are your goals still realistic? Truly evaluate if they are. If not, re-adjust those goals. You are not selling yourself short, and there is nothing wrong with tweaking them. Change the path of the plan if need be.
3. Need Accountability? - Put your goals OUT there! I'm serious! Post them where people can see. Honestly most will not care, but you will think they do because they are out there and you will be more likely to hold yourself accountable. Tell a loved one, close friend, or even post a note on Facebook.
4. Tailor the Schedule - Were you totally committed to getting up at 5AM every morning to get that workout in, but then the snooze button became your best friend....? Well change your schedule. Maybe AM workouts are not best for you? Can you do at lunch or in the evening? Find what works best for your schedule and family.
5. Track Progress and reward the little successes! - It takes small steps and successes to achieve the bigger, loftier goals. Reward yourself with healthy/wholesome rewards for achieving those little successes and steps along the way. How about a new book, water bottle, or fitness accessory? Something fun that will keep you pushing away towards the Big Kahuna.
Remember, you ARE worth it! Keep at it!
Let me know your progress. I'd love to help you along your journey!
Best in health-